Friday, January 14, 2005

Education System and a Prince

So Prince Harry was educated in the UK (and possibly elsewhere) but I see that they aren't too good at educating people either. It's not that he might not have learned what 2+2 is, but he does not understand what good and evil is.

The fact that his nation was also hit hard, London was left burning, and Europe was left destroyed didn't enter his mind. What mattered was him being aloof and rebellious. What that Nazis did was like nothing else on Earth ever. The reason it was different is because it came from a supposed 'Civilized Nation', a developed nation, a sophisticated nation where the likes of Wagner, Bach, and Beethoven, and if you include Germanic nations with it Mozart and many other of the elite class and intelligentsia.

Here we have another elite member of an exclusive group without understanding that science and art is amoral, and that even parties require no moral or ethical guide. THIS is the largest problem with what some say, and those who defend him, or wish to down play the whole mess: Your life should never be separate from your ethics or morality. Everything you do is a reflection of who you are and what you value. We all make mistakes, but realizing them does not absolve us from having made them.

I recently took a tour of the Holocaust Memorial in Washington D.C. now that we life close to the nation's capital (and Capitol), and although I knew much about it and World War Two as well since I am an avid reader about history, that place took the knowledge and put in closer to reality.

There is one exhibit of nothing but shoes from the victims. Countless shoes are in one area. They had to remove them once they arrived and before they were 'deloused'. Every two shoes is one person. I kept saying that to myself, but I could not quite get a grip on any number since I could not count the shoes. And the shoes were of all different sizes: baby shoes, frumpy old shoes, females' shoes, and the list goes on.

Seeing that and so much more gave me an understanding, a perspective of the knowledge I already had. I've stated before, and I believe it more now than ever that knowledge without perspective is useless and can actually do harm.

Wearing such a uniform in such a casual and even joking way is more than a 'goof', it is reprehensible.